Saturday, 12 April 2008

Bologna Book Fair

I've recently returned from the Bologna Book Fair, where I was one of the speakers at the SCBWI Biennial Conference. This was scheduled a long time ago, and despite my change in circumstances I was loathe to cancel, as it gave me something solid to focus on during this period of adjustment. I also needed to seriously re-connect with publishing in the West!

I'll post a report if I'm able, but for snapshots of the proceedings go to the organizer Erzsi Deak's Facebook page.

In addition to the Conference this was the first year SCBWI had a stand at the Book Fair.

2 comments:

Ginger*:)* said...

Thank you so much for all of this! The images, your descriptions and the chance to find out more about the Bologna Fair are being greedily devoured by me and many others. The photos show a happy and vibrant arena for children's books, authors and illustrators.

Candy Gourlay said...

i really enjoyed the international panel - especially the venezuelan book and the aussie book. ahhh. that was a great bologna.